Pterosaur.net goes live

Hi folks,

Way back in 2007, the pterosaur yuppies attending the Wellnhofer
Flugsaurier Conference made a pact to address the dinosaur-bias of
palaeontology websites and start a new website celebrating nothing but
pterosaurs. It took us a while to get it up and running, but we're now
proud to present the mostly-finished Pterosaur.net
(http://www.pterosaur.net/) to the world. There's a few 'i's to dot
and 't's to cross, but the bulk of the site is there and ready for
viewing.

I won't bore you with a long list of everything that's included on the
site, but it's of note that many participants of the site are well
known bloggers and DML regulars: Dave Hone, John Conway (who
celebrated his birthday yesterday - Happy Birthday John!), Mike Habib,
Luis Rey, Mark Witton, Ross Elgin, Darren Naish and noted
palaeontologists Lorna Steel, Helmut Tischlinger and Dino Frey have
all made contributions. Hence, with a bit of luck, the information and
images presented there aren't just nonsensical bumph or the ravings of
madmen, but decent, trustworthy accounts of all things pterosaur.

On that note, then, I'll let you toddle off and look at the site.
Don't forget to tell us what you think: we're reachable at
pterosaur.net@googlemail.com.

Cheers,

Mark Witton, on behalf of the Pterosaur.net team

--

Dr. Mark Witton

Palaeobiology Research Group
University of Portsmouth