Re: AW: SV: avian nomenclature

The Howard-Moore list is now the standard reference for bird nomenclature for
the CITES treaty; I think it is the best of the world lists because it is
thoroughly referenced.  As has been pointed out, though, there is no such thing
as an "official" world list, though there are regional ones like the AOU list
for North America.  At this point taxonomy is in such a state of flux that
producing such a list would be a major challenge, but I am looking forward to
seeing what the new Howard-Moore edition will be like.

Sent from my iPhone