was: Pterosaur.net now: pteroid

Okay, given the grooves, and given the muscles attached to the grooves, which
bone did the other end of the muscles attach to and does that attachment
provide a ventral vector when pulled? Most reconstructions place the pteroid
anterior to the radius while in flight.
So... if the pteroid is [somehow] pulled ventrally, how does that affect the
sometimes sharp tip that WAS pointing at the deltopectoral crest? Does that
produce a V-shape (in anterior view) in the propatagium? And if so, doesn't
that put a lot of stress on that fragile point?

I see the anterior propatagium as a straight line providing an inboard leading
edge to the wing. It changes shape only when relaxed, when the elbow is flexed
during wing folding, as in birds and bats. Those grooves, in my opinion,
anchored the pteroid to the rest of the wrist because there was precious little
else to anchor it at its articular surface.

David Peters