Re: Patagium attachment Was: Re: Pterosaur.net

I am very ignorant about the discussion on the extent of the
membranes, but, in case it is difficult or dubious to accept what
evidence indicates... has been inferred flight performance used to
prefer one or other reconstruction? I mean, somewhat similar to the
recent study by Palmer and Dyke on pteroid orientation, where
mechanical reasons were used as an argument for preferring one
reconstruction over the other.

And I think, although evidence is undisputable, to me reasons are
important, because they permit to infer what is not available as
evidence.