[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Re: Albertaceratops pic with quills

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Michael Lovejoy
<michael@grey-army.co.uk> wrote:
> Nah, I disagree - 'drawing' and 'colouring' can be done in any medium, but
> 'painting' requires paint, surely?
> Still, it's a very nice painti..., aaargh, I mean picture though! :)

The motions and techniques are pretty similar if you have a tablet.
"Digital painting" refers to a specific subset of digital art. There's
really no other verb handy for it (in English). So why not? We still
call digitally-shot movies like Sin City and District 9 "films" and
people like Robert Rodriguez and Neill Blomkamp "filmmakers".

The Albertaceratops pic looks to be a combination of digital
sculpture, painting, and perhaps collage.
T. Michael Keesey
Technical Consultant and Developer, Internet Technologies
Glendale, California