Re: Dinosaurs Lived with Protoratites and Primates

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:13 AM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

>> Âinstead of calibrating the time- course of evolution with a scanty
>> Âfossil record, the geographical boundaries of the main molecular
>> Âclades of primates are calibrated here with radiometrically dated
>> Âtectonic events.
>
> Stupid. Utterly stupid.
> And a failure of peer review.

Didn't we all have a good chuckle about that paper on the VRTPALEO
list recently?

The ratite* paper looks very interesting, though. Does it mention
gastornithids, dromornithids, phorusrhacids as other avian lineages
that might have gone flightless at the same time?

* Wait, should we be calling the clade Ratitae or Palaeognathae?
--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California