Re: Change in SVP 2010 dates

David, thanks for the reply to my off the cuff comment. The thing
is... my wife, who not only has many years of experience in the hotel
industry, but was the manager of a Relais Chateaux, finds the tid bit
about keeping the same rates most illuminating.   Changing from peak
to off peak days, let alone to another venue altogether, and the rates
haven't changed? It's a certainty that the actual logistics involved
between SVP, the original venue, and the new venue, were a tad bit
more complicated than a simple  contract transfer due to construction.
You could look into it more if you like, but more than likely, the
original venue quoted/negotiated/locked in a rate with SVP, but then
it had to move it to another venue (the Hilton would have offered to
do this given the circumstances), which probably has a higher standard
room rate, and would only honor the original venue's quoted rates if
SVP moved the meeting dates to off peak days. Availability of the set
number of special rated rooms at the original venue according to the
original contract may also have played a role to some degree, as well
as the obvious availability of conference rooms. Something to this
effect was definitely at work to keep prices the same.

But really, does any of this actually matter to anyone?  I would hope not.

Kris