Re: carnivorous hippos

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Dan Chure wrote:

Vis-a-vis the omnivorous ceratopsian post a short while back, National
Geographic Channel just ran a show entitled Cannibal Hippos.  This was
about an anthrax outbreak in an African National Park (can't remember
which) in 2004 which killed only hippos but killed almost 400 of them.
Turns out there are patches of ground that are naturally anthrax
contaminated, but they are small and widespread.  A particularly dry
year resulted in some hippos taking in more soil than normal while
feeding on land and getting anthrax.   When they died, other hippos
would feed on the intestines that hung out when decomposition breached
the body wall. Hippos feeding on meat was only first reported in the mid
1990s (in that case killing and eating an antelope crossing a river at
night)  but the show also had footage of another incident where a hippo
was feeding on another hippos carcass.

A while ago I'd seen (and thot I'd saved) a link of a hippo dragging
an antelope (or something similar) under the water. Very interesting.
Tried to find it again. Anyone have a link to that?