RE: carnivorous hippos = omnivorous ceratopsians etc

I think we are all forgetting something in these speculations of omnivorous
tyrannosaurids:

http://reptilis.net/2008/10/03/the-return-of-fruit-eating-crocodylians/

http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2008/10/alligators_eat_fruit.php

As the gators demonstrate, there's no need to assume that an omnivorous
tyrannosaur would possess any specific osteological adaptations for indulging
in occasional herbivory. Known taxa could have been crocodilian-fashion
'oppurtunistic omnivores'.

~ Michael

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/