Re: NMMNH Bulletin 46 (Drepanosaurs) available

Although Senter & Renesto et al. include the same genera in Simiosauria & Drepanosauromorpha, respectively, the definitions of the two groups differ:

Senter (2004) defines Simiosauria as a stem-based taxon: "all taxa more closely related to Drepanosauridae than to Coelurosauravus or Sauria."

Drepanosauromorpha (Renesto et al. 2010) is node-based: "the least inclusive clade containing Hypuronector limnaios Colbert and Olsen, 2001 and Megalancosaurus pronenesis Calzavara, Muscio and Wild, 1981."

Simiosauria becomes quite a different thing if, as Renesto et al. find, Sauria includes the Drepanosauridae.

Which in some ways is too bad, because they'll always be Monkey- Lizards to me.

-Matt Celeskey.