Carnivorous hippos/Ceratopsians first paper (partial joke)

The first notice of a carnivorous Triceratops I am aware of is in a novel by E. R. Burroughs, where Tarzan escapes from a pitechantrope riding a Triceratops who then feed on a horse (or something like that , I don't remember exactly since I have read it when I was a kid). Burroughs also makes fun of Paleontologists adding .. and scientist beileved they were herbivorous!
Cheers,

                                                             Silvio Renesto

_

" Men take in great consideration what falls within their sphere of knowledge, but they don't realize how much it depends from what is beyond that""
                                                        (Zhuang Zhi)

Prof. Silvio Renesto
Department of Structural and Functional Biology
Università degli Studi dell' Insubria
via Dunant 3,     21100 Varese
Italy
phone +39-0332-421560
e-mail: silvio.renesto@uninsubria.it
see my Triassic website at http://dipbsf.uninsubria.it/paleo/
see my outdoor-nature photography website at
http://wendigo.vecchiaforesta.it