Re: Carnivorous hippos/Ceratopsians first paper (partial joke)

>Silvio wrote:
>The first notice of a carnivorous Triceratops I am aware of is in a novel by
>E. R. Burroughs, where >Tarzan escapes from a pitechantrope riding a
>Triceratops who then feed on a horse (or something >like that , I don't
>remember exactly since I have read it when I was a kid).

The 1913 short story "In the Morning of Time" also featured
human-eating Triceratops:

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2010/01/12/face-to-face-with-dinosaurs-in-the-morning-of-time/

Best,

Brian
--
Written in Stone - Coming November 1, 2010
http://scienceblogs.com/laelaps/