Re: FYI -- Microraptor gui, Burnham and Alexander, PNAS...

Excellent point regarding the myology - articulation fidelity is often analyzed without incorporating constraints of muscular anatomy, including moment arm changes that may preclude the proposed motion. And, as I suggested in my earlier post, I see no reason at all to make the poor thing sprawl to begin with.

Cheers,

--Mike H.

Michael Habib
Assistant Professor of Biology