Re: Did Feathers Evolve for Dispaly? We Still Don't Know!

Quoting Tim Williams <tijawi@yahoo.com>:

Quoting Benton directly from the article:

"Furthermore, we now know that the simplest feathers in dinosaurs such as _Sinosauropteryx_ were only present over limited parts of its body â for example, as a crest down the midline of the back and round the tail..."

Is this true? I was under the impression this was merely an artifact of squishing and part-counterpart splitting.

Nicholas J. Pharris