RE: Did Feathers Evolve for Dispaly? We Still Don't Know!

It should be noted that the discernment of melanosomes & phaeomelanosomes in
these extra-integumentary structures of *Sinosauropteryx* upsets previously
publiashed arguments by Lingham-Soliar, Feduccia & Wang, 2007, _Proc Roy Soc
Lon B_ 274:1823 & Lingham-Soliar, 2009, _JOrnith_ that these are internal
collagenous structures comprising a midline fin. If these structures are
correctly identified as melanosomes of any sort, that is (not saying that they
are not -- I've not seen the paper).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

disinclination to do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

Backs)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/