Re: Did Feathers Evolve for Dispaly? We Still Don't Know!

<< Tim Williams wrote (okay, quoted):

> "Furthermore, we now know that the simplest feathers in dinosaurs such as
> _Sinosauropteryx_ were only present over limited parts of its body à â for
> example, as a crest down the midline of the back and round the tail à â

One of the Yxian compsognathid type skeletons (taxon uncertain) on display
at NatGeo many years ago had some filaments preserved at places aside from
the halo, indicating an extensive and perhaps dense covering of much of the
body.

GP

</HTML>