Re: [Fwd: [CPN] The new version of the PhyloCode is online]

On 28 January 2010 23:11, T. Michael Keesey <keesey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> wrote:
>> Has the old PhyloCode mailing list gone away completely?  It seems
>> bizarre that this has not been announced there if not.  I know people
>> tried to replace the list with a forum (against my wishes for what
>> it's worth) but then that died -- has it left the PhyloCode community
>> with no meeting place at all now, or has everyone moved on and I
>> missed it?
>
> I had actually forgotten about that. Just sent a notification out --
> let's see if that goes anywhere....
>
> There's a Facebook fan page for the PhyloCode now:
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-PhyloCode/198050947076

Really?  Here we are, trying to transform the whole way biological
nomenclature is done, and our primary nexus of communication is a
Facebook fan page?  And we wonder why hardcore traditionalists don't
take us seriously?  This is -- sorry, but it's true -- pathetic.  Does
the ICZN committe communicate in Tweets?