Re: Bistahieversor sealeyi, NM tyrannosaurid

Quoting bh480@scn.org:

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org

http://www.newswise.com/articles/new-species-of-
tyrannosaur-discovered-in-southwestern-u-s?
ret=/articles/list&category=science&page=3&search[status]
=3&search[sort]=date+desc&search[section]=20&search
[has_multimedia]=

Bistahieversor sealeyi

'Bistahi overthrower' or something like that?

(pronounced: bistah-he-ee-versor
see-lee-eye) is a brand new species of tyrannosaur
discovered in the Bisti/De-na-zin Wilderness of New
Mexico

I'm sorry, but I tend to find it a bit presumptuous when an author tells me how to pronounce a Neo-Latin name. You say [,dIp.l@'do.k@s], I say [dI'plad.@.k@s], and that's OK. And that's completely leaving aside the pains I get from looking at English fauxnetics...

Nicholas J. Pharris