Re: Bistahieversor sealeyi, NM tyrannosaurid

Nick Pharris <npharris@umich.edu> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I tend to find it a bit presumptuous when an
> author tells me how to pronounce a Neo-Latin name.

It's standard operating procedure in microbiology.  Every description of a new
genus and species of microbe comes complete with a guide to pronunciation.  It
works well, and ensures that there is ONE (and ONLY one) 'official'
pronunciation.

Julius Caesar might have objected to the way a neo-Latin name is pronounced;
but he's long dead, so who cares what he thinks.

Cheers

Tim