From: dale mcinnes <wdm1949@hotmail.com>
To: DML <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Darwin Movie ---CREATION Box Office Receipts
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 01:01:00 -0700

For what it's worth ......

The weekend opening box office receipts for this movie
were a staggering $67,000. (I know how that must sound).
I didn't cringe however. The movie was deliberately
"squashed". It did not open in 7,000 theatres, or 700.
Not even 70. It was limited to just 7 !!! This means at
$10/ticket, it played to 1,000 movie goers/theatre (roughly).
It sold out.

It's a shrewd business move if before a wide spread release,
the distributors can claim it "sold out" to pre-audiences. I
should know. I was invited to a pre-screening on 17 Jan. Standing
room only. The movie was well received. Time will tell. --dale

Small Business Tools
Click here for to find products that will help grow your small business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=PIPiPJzb4hA_DzKj99HeGgAAJz20rA-rue7ZDWIRF7zs8XuYAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=