RE: Bistahieversor sealeyi, NM tyrannosaurid

  It's come to my attention (thank you, unmentioned respondents!) that I
misinterpreted David's argument when it came to word construction between
English and German. It is my understanding that David approaches my native
language from an outsider, and it shows, but I have less experience with other
languages than he does (my deepest association with another language is a
smattering of introductory Russian and Spanish). There's probably something
academically adversarial going on there, so for that I would appologize.

  I would not agree, however, that the word he brought up and the translated
phrase it becomes in English are the same. It is a difference in perspective
neither can look at the other conformably: In English, we see word strings that
are connected without spaced as compound words, whole words in and of
themselves; but in German, the trend is to combine a phrase in such a form by
removing spaces. Germans are raised to read this more easily than Englishman
do, and this makes the comparability of the two strings difficult to reconcile.
They simply do not represent the same thing in their native forms. As such,
based on the English perspective, his string is a mega-polysyllabic word,
whereas mine is a phrase of many poly- and monosyllabic words (perspective,
again).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

disinclination to do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

Backs)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/