RE: Leviathan melvillei -- preoccupied?

I can assure everyone here that Olivier Lambert, primary author of the study,
has been made aware of this. Darren Naish, I'm assuming Mike Taylor, and a few
other people have contacted him about the issue and the probability of
requiring a replacement name. I would highly recommend going to SV-POW! for the
jucier details of the situation, since Mike has got most of the resources and
citations there.

http://svpow.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/is-the-new-miocen-sperm-whale-leviathan-validly-named/

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden