Re: Which eggs may be turned and why

It does depend on the group. For squamates, it is important not to turn the
eggs after ~12 hours of being laid. This is because the embryo actually
implants on the dorsal side of the egg, so if you turn it after that, the
weight of the yolk will crush the developing baby.

I don't know if the same holds true for crocodylians, or chelonians. I know it
doesn't even hold true for all squamates, as there are some skink species that
actively tend the nest, and roll the eggs.

Jason

http://reptilis.net