Crocodilians and egg turning (was RE: Which eggs may be turned and why)

Here are a couple of refs on this subject:

Egg turning during incubation has no effect upon the growth of embryos of
Alligator mississippiensis
Acta Zoologica, Vol. 72, No. 3. (1991), pp. 125-128.
by D. C. Deeming, M. W. J. Ferguson

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/123248087/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Deeming, D. C. 1991. Reasons for the dichotomy in the need for egg turning
during incubation in birds and reptiles;
pp. 307-323 in Deeming, D. C. and Ferguson, M. W. J. (eds.), Egg Incubation:
Its Effects on Embryonic Development
in Birds and Reptiles. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.

Guy Leahy