Re: How to cite information in Wikipedia? (for a High School study guide)

IF you cite a source like Wikipedia, cite verbatim, as a easily
recognizable quote.
E.g., from the Plateosaurus article:

Plateosaurus is "among the best known dinosaurs, with over 100
skeletons found, some of them nearly complete." (Wikipedia 2010).

In the reference list, give the URL and the exact access date.
This way, if you have to use wikipedia, at least it is explicitly
clear what the text you cited actually said at the time you read it.

:)