Re: New publication: Notes on Early Mesozoic Theropods by Robert Gay

My previous post was chewed up by the [SNIP] demon... here is the complete
paragraph:

"However, returning to Kayentavenator, if somebody attaches a different name to
the same type specimen, and Rob Gay asserts his name to be valid, then it will
be an issue for the ICZN to decide.  Until then, it will be up to
paleontologists to decide for themselves whether or not to acknowledge
Kayentavenator as a valid genus.  As Dan puts it: "If Lulu Press is a valid
outlet for nomenclatorial acts, then our lives have become immensely simpler."
I agree with Dan that it's perplexing that the description was not simply
re-submitted to a scientific journal, which would make Kayentavenator iron-clad
from a nomenclatural perspective.  This "self-publication" route is a can of
worms.  In a perfect world, the ICZN would shut down this loop-hole entirely."