Re: New publication: Notes on Early Mesozoic Theropods by Robert Gay

From Gay 2010:
"My decision to publish in this venue has also been influenced by the thoughts of Andy Farke and others involved in "open source" paleontology. When one submits a paper to a journal, the author gives up their claim to copyright on the material while the journal publisher makes money on publication and distribution. While profit is not my motive, the distribution of knowledge is, I do however wish to retain my copyright on my work."