RE: Pickering's nomina nuda

Here is a stupid question - as an outsider- I really don't have too
much of a clue how naming species works:

If I understand correctly, to name a species you have to name a
holotype. Would it be helpful to demand that species can only be named
by someone who had physical access to the holotype? So you would have
to say "The holotype is specimen XYZ123 to which author A had access
from ... to ..."

This would prevent outsiders (like me) from naming species as I like,
it would have possibly also prevented Megaapnosaurus and may be others.
Or would this be too restrictive?

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Bäker
                   Institut für Werkstoffe
                   Technische Universität Braunschweig