Re: appearance of flying raptors vs. flying squirrels

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volaticotherium_antiquum

I doubt there was anything hawk or eagle like back in the Jurrassic, so I doubt
they forced Volaticotherium into a nocturnal lifestyle.
I don't think anyone has said whether or not it was nocturnal (though eye
socket size could provide a strong suggestion perhaps?).

I don't see pterosaurs filling this role either, though I could be wrong.