Re: Necks and other questions

Am in a bit of a hurry, so just very quick pointers.

Christian, A., and G. Dzemski. 2007. Reconstruction of the cervical
skeleton posture of  Brachiosaurus brancai Janensch, 1914 by an
analysis of the intervertebral stress along the neck and a comparison
with the results of different approaches.  Fossil Record 10(1):38-49.

Dzemski, G., and A. Christian. 2007. Flexibility along the neck of the
ostrich (Struthio camelus) and consequences for the reconstruction of
dinosaurs with extreme neck length. Journal of Morphology 268:701-714.

http://svpow.wordpress.com/papers-by-sv-powsketeers/taylor-et-al-2009-on-neck-posture/

best,
Heinrich