Re: CJES open access? Re: Forwarded from the Vert Paleo list

On Tue, Jun 22nd, 2010 at 2:43 PM, "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>
wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Dann Pigdon wrote:
> >> http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/news/backfiles.html
> >
> > That web page says nothing about them being free - just that old issues
> > are now available online (provided you're willing to pay for them).
> >
> > I tried a few, even going back as far as 1964, and they all sent me to a
> > page asking me to pay.
>
> I was able to grab a few, just testing to see if coming from a .edu site
> was allowed. Apparently so.

According to the page linked to above:

"Academic research libraries have contributed to this endeavour by purchasing
access on a one-
time basis. Access is perpetual and there are no annual maintenance fees."

So if you happen to access the website from one of those institutions, you'll
get free access.

I wonder if an individual start up their own library based in the Cayman
Islands? :-)

Dann Pigdon