Re: exopaleontology

I'm a subscriber to the "Rare Earth" hypothesis.
The only "fossils" I would think one would have a reasonable chance of finding,
would be "chemical fossils" like the evidence for life on earth 3.8 billion
years ago.
I wouldn't rule out microbial life, but I don't think you'll be finding fossils
of multicellular/macroscopic life.