From: Erik Boehm <erikboehm07@yahoo.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu, dannj@alphalink.com.au
Subject: Re: exopaleontology
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

I'm a subscriber to the "Rare Earth" hypothesis.
The only "fossils" I would think one would have a reasonable chance of finding,
would be "chemical fossils" like the evidence for life on earth 3.8 billion
years ago.
I wouldn't rule out microbial life, but I don't think you'll be finding fossils
of multicellular/macroscopic life.