Re: Publication Validity (was: Re: Cretaceous Wars - The Revenge of the Rat...uh...I mean Mammal)

Jeff Hecht wrote:

> The Elsevier journals on Science Direct call them "Articles in Press" and
> explain "Articles in Press are accepted, peer reviewed articles that are
> not yet assigned to an issue, but are citable using DOI." At least some of
> the journals on Science Direct (e.g., Paleo3) will post accepted
> manuscripts and corrected proofs of the paper before publication.

I have noted that ProcRSocB goes one step further within the cover page
language that precedes their FirstCite articles:

"Advance online articles are citable and establish publication priority..."

Nice and unambiguous. (Though whether that's enough to ensure universal
acceptance, I dunno...)

Best,
Rob Taylor