Does Texas equal Washington DC

I caught part of a show called Prehistoric the other day, featuring at least
one of our own, and though I would have turned the channel based on my hatred
of that particular style of editing I had to watch because the animals that
were being described in the show that were supposed to have lived near DC were
the same animals that are supposed to have lived in Texas. I've studied these
creatures such as Acrocanthosaurus and the like for a project so I think I
know. My question is are we finding the same animals in both places almost
exactly or is this an assumption based on both places being aptian/albian rock?

Andrew Simpson

-