RE: Does Texas equal Washington DC

Actually, they cut off one of my comments that made this point. I mentioned
the mid-K (Arundel) dinosaurs of D.C. as being "All American". My next point
(which wound up on the cutting room floor) was that the fossils we find in
the Arundel are very similar to those of Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, Wyoming,
and Utah of the same age.

As an aside: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Abydosaurus, Paluxysaurus,
and Astrodon don't all wind up being very close relatives of each other.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/