Re: Krakenology

MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:
> What is the Kraken in the new Clash of the  Titans supposed to be?  Great
> look at its jaws, teeth and eyes in the  poster, and it roars in the
> trailer.
>  Doesn't look much like a giant squid  but maybe a T. rex-squid hybrid?

It is supposed to look like parts of the monster Ymir from the planet
Venus with tentacles attached.

Really.

The original Kraken model used in the 1981 Clash of the Titans movie was
bits of Harryhausen's Ymir model with tentacles.

I always wondered why they used the Nordic "kraken" name, and not the
Greek Typhon.

--
Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084