RE: justification for excluding lagerpetids and/or pterosaurs from a phylogenetic analysis of the Archosauria

David Marjanovic wrote:

<That would have to involve him doing a phylogenetic analysis of all of
Diapsida (at the very least). That's a bit much to ask. Jaime won't shine
anytime soon.>

  Looking at this statement objectively, I would agree:  because I won't be
performing THIS analysis any time soon, I won't be shining in this category any
time soon.  But the cynic in me sees this as a personal jab, separated by an
entire sentence from claiming about my performing any analyses (which I have
done so); i.e., that I will never shine about anything, soon. Which is it?

  For the record, my phylogenentic analyses were limited to bone-by-bone
analyses, something that hasn't been explicitly done for skeletal matrices, in
order to test the hypotheses of relative bone importance in phylogenies.  This
was complicated by the loss of not one but TWO harddrives worth of data I had
stored, a digital and physical file collection, and nearly a decade's worth of
correspondence.  I felt at the second loss, a few years back, during which I
hardly posted to the lsit for nearly a year, that I was largely done pursuing
my analyses.  It was a lot to ask of myself, especially given that I have no
primary literature at the moment aside from a few hundred pdf files, some of my
preserved volumes of _JVP_, and a single tote of hardcopy papers.  Those are
largely limited to oviraptorsaurs, therizinosaurs, and spinosaurs.  On top of
this, I care for an autistic younger brother, so even my ability to go to
school as I'd wanted over a decade back has fallen short.  So, in this sense,
yes:  I will not be shining any time soon.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

disinclination to do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

Backs)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/