The Quarry Visitor Center demolition is soon upon us

An update for those of you interested in the continuing saga of the Quarry Visitor Center at Dinosaur National Monument. The contract has been awarded for partial demolition and extensive rehab and rebuilding of that structure and a second building that will serve as a park wide visitor center. Work will begin in about a month and the QVC should be reopened to the public with new exhibits in about 18 months. I have begun posting photos on my facebook page showing the condition of the building and the moving of fossils in preparation for construction. This is just a first step, I plan to continue posting photos of what is going on throughout the project. I have set the photo albums as being viewable by everyone, so you don't have to be a facebook friend to look at them --- hell, you can even hate me --- but the photos might still be of interest.

Dan