Re: DNA from old bird eggs

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Raptorial Talon wrote:
"People speculate about cloning a dinosaur, but I think a 13 foot tall
bird would be more interesting..."

How are those mutually exclusive?

Very funny ;)

But yeah, that would be cool. Cloning stuff that was wiped out by
humans has always appealed to me more than bringing back stuff that's
tens of millions of years past its freshness date.

Well, that wasn't quite my motivation, it's more that birds are familiar
everyday things and this would provide a nice disconnect.