RE: Sericipterus (Andres, Clark and Xu 2010)

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:03:47 -0500
> From: davidpeters@att.net
> To: brian.andres@yale.edu; dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: re: Sericipterus (Andres, Clark and Xu 2010)
>
> A new pterosaur specimen, Sericipterus wucaiwanensis, (Jurassic, China) was
> well researched and compared to 19 pterosaurs. Angustinaripterus makes a good
> sister taxon. Too bad no ctenochasmatids were also compared.

 well, we figured you would be happy to write that paper yourself.
:)

> That's where those long, thin, curved teeth were evolving toward.

 I thought that nothing evolves "toward" something.

> Jeez. Let's get back to making some skull tracings and reconstructions, guys!
> What the heck are you identifying as what??

 I don't trace from stone very well...even when I trace from paper, sometimes I
think I'm copying a pelvis or an arm, but its actually just ribs.

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1