Re: Segregated vs age-mixed sauropod herds

> > [...] Mammaliaformes (anchored _Sinoconodon_)
>
> No, on *Morganucodon*, which is (at least) one node closer to the crown.

I thought both were specifiers, along with several other taxa (to ensure
Mammaliaformes includes the crown-group mammals too).

> I agree that old Archie is a lousy specifier.

I don't see why.  Throughout history, _Archaeopteryx_ has almost always been
considered an "avian" (i.e., a member of Aves).  So it has historical usage on
its side.

Cheers

Tim