RE: Nice example of narrow chord pterosaur wing on the 'net

  If I were to take that fossil at face value and assume the wing as preserved
would have been precisely that in life, I would assume that the patagium would
only extend just beyond the first knuckle of the wing finger and no further.
This would not be evidence of a narrow-chord wing, but rather of a no-chord
wing; a non-wing, as it were. This is unlikely to be the case, I think, based
on preservation of apparent flgiht-related adaptations in what has been
contended as a juvenile fossil, such that the integument should therefore be
assume to be incompletely preserved.
Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

disinclination to do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

Backs)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/