Re: Can we tell if any dinosaurs observed semelparity?

Assuming that multi-year associations of dinosaurs are actually family
groups (not an absolutely safe assumption, but a pretty secure one), then
we have multiple broods of Psittacosaurus, Sinornithomimus, tyrannosaurs,
many centrosaurines, hadrosaurids, and more found together. Since a
semelparous taxon cannot--by definition--produce more than one brood,
semelparity in dinosaurs seems highly unlikely.

--
Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084

http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc