RE: Nice example of narrow chord pterosaur wing on the 'net

> Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:51:47 -0500
> From: davidpeters@att.net
> To: habib@jhmi.edu
> CC: dinosaur@usc.edu; qi_leong@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Nice example of narrow chord pterosaur wing on the 'net
>

> On Mar 20, 2010, at 12:03 PM, Mike Habib wrote:
>
>>> Well, to my eyes it looks like it went beneath the surface of the matrix
>>> originally and was prepped away. Or they didn't go deep enough (less
>>> likely). Here one simply takes the>trajectory< of what data you do have and
>>> continue it in the same curve, which runs right about at the edge of the
>>> prepping (sad) until the prepping ends and -- voilá!
>>
>> What is your support that this us an accuate technique for reconstruction?
>
> I have described no technique here. And no reconstruction. This is pure
> observation.

> Please be specific or send drawings. You are adding to the confusion. We need
> your finger to point to somewhere on the picture somehow.

 On the picture of what?  you just said no reconstructions and no technique, so
what do you want him to point to?

>>> 2. to MH: Okay, well, Pittsburgh SVP is coming. Let's put this specimen on
>>> our list. And let's check out that anterior thigh together.
>>
>> I'm in Pittsburgh already. Happy to show you the critter. It is nice but
>> does not demonstrate wing extent.
>
> See above. "Does" -"does not" are closing arguments. We haven't gotten there
> yet. Time to provide the charts and graphs.

 if I may ask, where are your charts and graphs?

>>> good, some not so good). And I remain eager to see a single example from
>>> the opposing camp.
>>
>> The opposing camp has given several examples.
>
> Wrong. NONE have been delivered. You have only>cited< examples.

I thought that was standard operating procedure - or are you waiting for a
physical delivery?

>> You have dismissed them for various reasons, and while some of your
>> arguments bear merit, others can say much the same about your narrow wing
>> examples, leaving us eagerly awaiting a clear example of either one.
>
> If you don't like this wing example show what>is< happening in the fossil.

 he did.

>> Personally, I find several of the hindlimb attachment examples robust,
>
> Send just one of your best.

 one of his fossils?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/