Re: Flightless pterosaur question:

Sorry the crazy statement, but in truth we do not even know, nor can
ascertain any of them ever flew (ok., we have a lot of features which
make us infer they flew, but suppose you understand what I say).
Putting aside this before being verbally attacked, I suppose it is
difficult for the forelimbs in pterosaurs to reduce because of
quadrupedal locomotion. Perhaps, if the animal is to be quadrupedal,
the M. pectoralis is neither to be as reduced as in a flightless bird.
So, perhaps this impedes wing reduction and thus, opposes to loss of
flight. Something similar seems to happen in bats, or, is there any
bat which does not fly?
Do not want to underestimate the ground-based locomotion capacities of
bats and pterosaurs, but they seem to be more constrained by flying.
If we can say bats and pterosaurs were clumsier on the ground than
most birds, it would also be more difficult for them to become
flightless.