RE: "Vide" in genus authorities?

Ack, my bad on the terminology. I've generally used it in the appropriate
manner, when/where I've actually cited things that may/may not have required
this (e.g., Megadontosaurus Brown vide Norell, Dingus and Gaffney, 2000).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to
do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different
language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to
kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at
things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:51:54 -0800
> From: keesey@gmail.com
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: "Vide" in genus authorities?
>
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Jaime Headden  wrote:
>>
>>   This is an authorship that is attributed by the first name to the final
>> set of names after the vide.
>
> Err, other way around. That is, the author[s] before the "vide" are
> the name's authors, and the author[s] after the "vide" are the
> publication's authors.
>
> "Vide" basically means "by way of", I think.
 > --
> T. Michael Keesey
> Technical Consultant and Developer, Internet Technologies
> Glendale, California
> http://tmkeesey.net/

inbox.