RE: Flightless pterosaur question:

1. It was not my intention to insult you.

2. I didn't say you claim others are wrong.  I remarked "as if," which implied
a tendency that could be construed as saying others are wrong. This is in
connection with your repeated attempts to claim that the methods you use are
superior to the methods other have (descreening, really?) for determining
features in a pixellated photo. Your claim is that when others try your method,
they will "see it," and thus agree with you.  You then dismiss those who do
not, "as if they were wrong."

3. Your conclusions are not as interesting to me, and therefore matter less,
than your methods.  I am, I think, trying to make this an argument about
methodology, and always have, rather than an argument about personality, which
it tends to become conflated with as some people become defensive (so many
generalizations in that sentence...).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to
do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different
language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to
kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at
things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

inbox.