Re: The Aussie ?tyrannosaur?

Ok, I see what you mean. Maybe we should here think of "tyrant" in its
original sense: "the one who (which) dominate", "master", "sovereign"
(hence also the specific name: "rex" - a king without a crown), a
meaning which is not incompatible with the apical predators of
tyrannosaurids.  It is definitely different from "dictator", a term
which (as you said) does not fit tyrannosaurids at all !

Anyway, you're right in saying that's a very exagerated, given that
non-tyrannosaurids tyrannosauroids did not dominate the food chain
(too smal...).

--
Jocelyn Falconnet