Re: No substitute for seeing a specimen: Hone blog

David Mass wrote:

"A scientific crossing of swords may well be interesting assuming mutual
consent, but I doubt this open calling-out conforms with netiquette here or
elsewhere."

Let's put it this way: the challenge is out to anyone with a nice crushed
fossil, not just Dr. Hone. It's the principle I'm after, not the person. The
established paradigm is a firmly held supposition. And like all suppositions,
so far as I know, it has not been backed up by experiment. Opinions may be
true, but they remain opinions until tested.

David Peters